Nurse Responsibilities: The medical system is just like a healthy tree, roots are knowledge and trunk doctors, but without branches, there’s no nourishment to fruits. And branches are nurses. Whose care, patience and hard work nourish the fruit that is our patient. The primary role of the nurse is caring of patients, maintaining communication with doctors, administrating medicine and observing vital sign.they not only deal with physical wounds of patients they try to understand patients mental health also.
- Update detail medical history of patients
- Analyze patients physical as well as preventive health
- Conduct physical exams
- Give counselling to patients
- A connection between doctor and patients
- Stay updated in technology, medication and health plan
- Draw blood, and perform health-related testing
What are the duties and responsibilities of a nurse
Different types of nurses and their responsibilities
A nurse anaesthetist assists with medical procedures, mainly with aesthetic. They needed to be qualified as a certified registered nurse anaesthetist (CRNAs). They administer anaesthesia and monitoring patients throughout the surgical period.they also have the responsibility and make that, patients have a good recovery.
- Conducting physical assessments of every patient who they are handling
- Discussing and making aware patients about the surgery
- Preparing and administering the patients specific amount of anaesthesia needed for the procedure
- Maintaining anaesthesia level during the surgery.
- Observing or monitoring proper anaesthesia recovery for patients until patients are transferred to the care unit
- Should have a sound knowledge of accurate anaesthetic measurement
The nurse can’t leave their patients during the surgical procedure.they have to continually monitor the body function of the patient throughout the surgery.they can modify the dose in the process to make ensure that patient is comfortable and safe.
Anaesthetists can work individually, and an anesthesiologist can head a team. Anaesthetist nurse is one of the significant parts of medical health care, and they play a vital role as a little difference in the dose can relief as well as leads to the death of a patient.
The NICU nurse means Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Nursing. They are specialized in the treatment and care of the newborn baby in ICU, as well as they take care of Childs parents too. The main focus is the care of an infant, and they work like a team with the other medical staff to ensure the health of neonatal—the nurse work with sick as well as newborn babies. Education qualification NICU should be a registered nurse.
- NICU RNs perform life-sustaining care
- Administration of medication to newborn
- Providing nutrients to newborn
- Newborn to be kept in observation fully as lungs are not fully developed
- As lungs are not fully formed breathing scale should be monitored properly
- Maintaining and updating neonatal health care
- Give counselling to parents for child care.
The nurse works with children (birth to late teen) in maintaining their routine care. To become a pediatric nurse, the person must hold an associates degree. These nurses provide expert care to a child with the help of parents, and they work as a family member to tackle the problem.
- Observing children
- Monitoring the child’s signs and symptoms changes
- Maintaining privacy and confidentiality in nurse or children relationship
- Observing the differences between normal and abnormal
- Discussing or interacting to manage a child’s pain
- Analyze the situation to anticipate a pathophysiological problem
- Watching a child for signs and symptoms of abuse
- Serve as a child advocate
- Making a friendly environment with the child patients
Nurse practitioner responsibilities
Labour and delivery nurse
In the delivery time, doctor plays a vital role in general knowns fact but in medical term, while giving birth the care of child and mother is significant responsibilities for a nurse specialized in labour and delivery specialization. Nurse, with his medical knowledge, education, and skills make it easier for the mother yo deliver the child. A labour and delivery nurse deals with the labour and birth of newborns. They should hold an associate degree.
- Monitoring contraction time during labour and delivery
- Observing the medical history of the mother during pregnancy
- Administer pain management and other medication
- Monitoring the sign of mother and heart rate of baby
- Following the prescription of the mother during pregnancy
- Identify complication and informing the doctor
- Prepare of caesarean delivery, including emergency
- Monitoring complication during pregnancy
- Monitoring medication during childbirth or labour
Nurse prescribing medication
The nurse can prescribe medicine. Yes! That’s true a registered nurse is enough qualified to prescribe the amount and dose of medicine in all the 50 states of Washington DC and many other countries. In India, yet this culture not cultivated, it needs more future time to nourish here.
Registered nurse responsibilities
- Should know patients medical history
- Patients drug allergies should be know
- A proper chart should be explained about the dose, time and side effects to the patients
- Monitor any side effects or patients health alteration during the prescribed medication
- Update the medical health condition
- Evaluating the outcome of the drug on the patient’s health status
- Should have proper knowledge about the medicine
- Well researched on prescribed medication
You have seen above many roles of dutied in which a nurse is playing and proving themself. In many counties still, the duties are not that much recognized and admired.still the doctors are given the only credit for the life they safe, but the team behind it and sometimes the nurses itself overshadow the doctor’s duties and with their skills save the patients.so next time when you are healed by medical staff with doctor thank the team behind it too.
“Doctor surely safe life, but healing journey step by step crossed with nurse effort only”.
Nurse educator responsibilities are varied as per the requirement.
As per requirement, listed above.
The important responsibility of nurse is to take care of patient until discharge with good health.